Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Trouble producing the HEX file

I wanted to compile and load a .hex file onto the PIC.

Powered up MPLAB IDE, modified the example source code:
     blink LED 1 instead of LED 0.

I finally got the compiler to work (I was having many issues, including the Virtual Store).

So, let's compile and load the .hex file... 
    Build Succeded!
but a message box pops up saying it couldn't load the .hex file.

Odd, but I can just do it manually.
wait, there is no .hex file!

I poured through the compiler options.  There was an option called FAKELOCAL...
Gee, that is suspicous, let's look there.

Sure enough, if I go to the HI-TECH Linker in Project->Build Options of the MPLAB IDE, there is a checkbox for Produce MPLAB debugging info.  Uncheck that and the FAKELOCAL goes away.

Viola, on the next compile, a .hex file appears!

No comments:

Post a Comment